2 Minute Abs
As the Powers That Be (Crazy) tell us that we need to exercise every day, Father Time has little to say about it. He is being stingy with handing out extra hours, the bastard. So that leaves us the same completely packed 24 hours we had before the new exercise push. Tisk tisk. What to do.
Since my daughter stopped napping (oye), there are some days that I have literally two minutes to exercise. So I have to make the most out of those tiny tics in the day. Especially since this will be the first summer I wear a bikini since that whole childbirth thing. (I think I can, I think I can.)
Jessica Cummings, Certified Trainer at One2One Bodyscapes, gave me Planks as the best ab exercise to do if you only have 2 minutes. This exercise builds endurance in both the abs and back, as well as the stabilizer muscles (read: back fat, front fat, side fat, begone).
Planks (forward and side) –
- Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor. Make sure your elbows are in line under your shoulders.
- Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
- Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
- Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 2-4 reps.
- To work your sides, do 2 reps then turn to each side for 2 side planks (one each side) for 30 seconds each.
For more beauty, fashion and fitness tips, visit Cheryl Fenton at EasyPeasyBlog.com and follow her on Twitter @cherylfenton. Become an Easy Peasy Blog Facebook fan by clicking here.