20 Tips and Recipes for the Best Brunch
Hosting Brunch can be a less stressful, and a more enjoyable and budget-friendly way to entertain. It’s a simple and special way to celebrate with family and friends. Below we share tips, ideas and links to some recipes that will make is easy!
1. Serve the right balance of breakfast and lunch foods.
Why? Your guests will fall into 1 of 3 categories:
- Breakfast food fan – strictly interested in breakfast and is not putting a lunch item on the plate.
- Ready for lunch lover – breakfast is so over by 11-12pm, looking for lunch.
- True brunch afionado – there are 2 types: 1. can deftly craft a plate combining breakfast and lunch items enjoying both in one sitting; 2. Works a brunch unlike anything you’ve ever seen, pacing themselves through courses starting with breakfast and working right through lunch, this is your brunch marathoner, usually a seasoned pro.
2. Choose foods that are equally delicious and safe to eat after sitting out at room temperature for up to 1- 1 ½ hours or if serving a hot dish(es) can withstand this amount of time on a hot plate or in a chafing dish.
Why? Your guests are guaranteed to arrive sporadically anytime from your invite time until 30 minutes later. Also, this gives your guests the freedom to enjoy the buffet at their leisure.
3. Select dishes that can be prepared ahead of time and displayed before your first guest arrives.
Why? So you can be a guest at your own party!
Some Menu Suggestions: