5 Quick Mascara Tips
If there’s one time-saver beauty product, it’s mascara. This should be your go-to choice for instant eye-catching loveliness.
Sabrina Cononi, make-up artist and esthetician at SalonCapri, offers these step-by-step tips for making the most out of your mascara. Luscious lashes, here you come.
- Start with a clean canvas. Use an oil-free make-up remover. Avoid removers and cleansers with oil because it will coat your lashes, which means the mascara won’t stick as well.
- Invest in a good quality lash primer. Lash primers help to thicken and plump the lashes before you apply the mascara.
- When you begin to apply the mascara, start at the root of the lash and get as close to it as you can. Wiggle the brush as you go up on your lashes, ensuring a good coat on each lash.
- The key to achieving longer, fuller lashes with mascara is to also apply mascara to the top of your lashes. It makes a big difference!
- Always apply mascara AFTER your eyeshadow. If you put it on first, the powder from your shadow will fall on your lashes and you’ll have to reapply mascara.
Cononi also suggests looking at the mascara brush as part of the endeavor for thick, lovely lashes. If you have short, stubby lashes, use a small, narrow brush because you can get closer to the root of your lash. If your goal is to achieve more voluminous lashes, a thicker, wider brush is a good choice. In this case, look for a brush that is shaped like a Christmas tree.