Children, our hope for the future, are eager to be stewards of our planet. The Lorax is a perfect parable for fostering a more eco-friendly, green economy and way of life. Simply invite some children to celebrate Earth Day with this Lorax inspired “Milk & Cookies” story time gathering.
Tips for your Lorax Story Time Gathering:
- Host your party for young children for 1 – 1.5 hours.
- Create a story time area with a large blanket/area rug and oversized pillows and a chair for the reader.
- Set up a children’s coloring table with Lorax coloring sheets and crayons so the kids have an activity to do upon arrival.
- Serve Lorax inspired cookies and milk boxes.
- Gather the children in the story time area and read the story of the Lorax.
DIY Lorax Inspired Cookies
(1 dozen cookies)
- 1 dozen circle shaped sugar cookies
- vanilla buttercream frosting
- 12 Lorax inspired fondant toppers
Make sugar cookies using the sugar cookie recipe below – cut out in a circle, make sure your circle cookie cutter is at least the diameter of the fondant topper. While cookies are cooling, make the buttercream frosting. Place a dollop of frosting on top of each cookie. Top with Lorax inspired fondant topper. It’s that easy!
Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe
(Makes 4-5 dozen cookies/yield dependent on size of cookie cutters)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar