Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of ConnecTV. All opinions are my own and not those of Hollywood Hot Moms.
Make TV viewing Social with ConnecTV!
One of my favorite ways to relax is watch TV. I love to sit down with a glass of wine and watch The Real Housewives mix it up on a Monday night, take a time out during the day with The Talk, or satisfy my foodie side with The Chew. These were always solo activities for me, because I live with 4 men (my husband and 3 boys), who do not share my taste in television. So while ConnectTV syncs live to the shows I’m watching, it also CONNECTS me to my friends and other fans and allows me to be me, SOCIAL! That’s a huge plus, because part of the joy of watching is sharing. I love talking about the great recipes. funny moments, crazy comments, plus of course the “table-flipping moments” and shoes, clothes, and bags that are worn each week. The bottom line is that it’s way more FUN to CONNECT with TV than to just watch it. Oh, and did I mention it’s FREE!
While watching The Talk I clipped what I thought was a hilarious moment… it’s featured on the ConnecTV home page for the show. I love that I feel part of one of my favorite shows!
WHAT IS ConnecTV?
“ConnecTV is a social video network for TV fans of all ages. The application syncs to your TV and allows you to capture and share your favorite six-second moment. The company’s SocialTV Timeline™ syncs companion content and information to provide a richer social experience and help drive program promotion and tune-in to the show you are watching. ”
ConnecTV has partnered with over 400 networks to give the user access to almost any show on television.
The app is available for use with both the iPhone and iPad. Android capability is coming soon!
HOW TO USE ConnectTV
- As the app opens, DISCOVER the latest and most popular clips and comments from ConnecTV users and producers. Just scroll through with a flick of your finger. Or search by show, genre, actor – the best clips from TV fans at your fingertips.
- Click the LIVE icon and ConnecTV Syncs automatically to the program you’re watching LIVE on television.
- Or manually tune it from the network list in QuickTune.
- Tap the CLIP icon to select that perfect six-second TV moment you wish to share by simply sliding your finger across the slide bar on ConnecTV’s user interface. You’ll see images from the last two minutes of live video programming so you can choose YOUR best six-second clip.
- Then hit the PREVIEW icon to see and hear your clip.
- Personalize the clip by tapping it and typing a comment. (The keyboard automatically appears).
- Tap the Aa icon to customize the font style, size and color of your comment on the clip. You can move the words to any place on the video with your finger.
- Hit the PREVIEW button to make sure it looks just right!
- Touch POST to share the clip with all your social media pals on Twitter, Facebook… and email. (and more coming…)
- You can also Like and Comment on other fans’ clips. Or Chat about your favorite show if you prefer to simply join the Social TV conversation.
ConnecTV Launches Social Video Network, Driving Viewers Back to Live Television
New app enables users to clip, comment and share their favorite six seconds while promoting live TV discovery, tune-in and loyalty.
Emeryville, CA – October 29, 2013 – ConnecTV, the new social video network for TV fans, today announced the launch of its free mobile app that allows users to clip their favorite six-second moment, add an onscreen comment, and share with their friends across Twitter, Facebook, email and more, all while watching TV in real time. ConnecTV launches today for iOS devices and will soon be available for Android.
ConnecTV is designed for all TV viewers whether they want to share their favorite six-second moment or just want to discover new shows from the engaging clips, comments and chats posted by others. The application is simple, controlled with just your thumb, and unlike other apps that post TV clips, ConnecTV does not require you to rewind your DVR, record using your smartphone’s camera, or take you away from watching live TV. ConnecTV’s SocialTV Timeline™ and related clips are rich with companion content, including show information, tune-in schedules, associated top tweets and play-by-play sports stats. ConnecTV is also working with major Consumer Electronics (CE) manufacturers and Multi-channel Video Service Providers (MVSP) to program your DRV or tune live to the show from any clip with a single click.
“People are capturing and sharing millions of user generated TV clips online today, but not with the fun, quality, richness and tune-in power of ConnecTV,” said ConnecTV CEO Ian Aaron. “ConnecTV has the potential to transform the way viewers engage in real-time with their favorite reality and talk shows, sporting events, breaking news, scripted dramas and comedies – even advertising will be re-imagined. Instead of tweeting, texting or posting a comment to your friends about that amazing moment on TV, now you can share it with ConnecTV.”
About ConnecTV For more information, please visit http://connectv.com.