Creative Date Ideas for Adventurous Types
By Vanessa Voltolina
Creative date ideas for adventurous types. Let’s face it — a coffee shop date can be pretty boring. But thankfully, active dating is all the rage. It’s more fun, and it helps you better determine if you’d like a second date. Keep in mind: A successful first meet-and-greet isn’t only measured by what you talk about, but by how much fun you have together, whether than means exploring a city or being yogis side by side.
Pumped to make your next date active, but not sure where to begin? Find inspiration from these creative date ideas:
- Dust off your ten-speed, or rent a bike by the hour through your city’s bike share program. Explore new roads and choose a final destination to powwow, such as a juice bar or self-serve frozen yogurt shop.
- Your date could be the opportunity to hike a local park or new trail. Plan it on EveryTrail.com or download the National Parks app by National Geographic to find ideas close to home. Be sure to pack snacks — or even a whole picnic — to up the romance factor.
- Test your strength by heading over to a rock climbing gym in your area. Whether you’re a beginner or pro, get sweaty together by searching ClimbFind.com. For more extreme ideas — like whitewater rafting — check out Match.com’s Stir events.
- Batter, batter! Nothing’s more American than baseball, so why not spend some time at a local batting cage?
- Burn up the dance floor. If you’ve ever wanted to learn salsa — or bust some hip-hop dance moves — here’s your shot. Plan your date by finding promotions on deal sites, or call up a studio near you.
Okay — so you know you want your next date to be active, but you aren’t ready to scale a mountain or jump out of a plane just yet. There are ways to get active without breaking a sweat:
- Play a game of pool or ping-pong at your local pool hall.
- Jazz up the quintessential mini golf date by finding a tricky themed course, or one illuminated by black lights, to test your skills.
- Pack a picnic and go fly a kite in your local park.
Researching great first date ideas in advance and taking the time to plan can
help ensure that you’ll both have a great time — and score another
Voltolina is a former online editor for NBCUniversal. Her work has
appeared in several national publications, including Weight Watchers and
Creative Date Ideas for Adventurous Types By Vanessa Voltolina Creative date ideas for adventurous types. Let’s face it — a coffee shop date can be pretty boring. But thankfully, active dating is all the rage. It’s more fun, and it helps you better determine if you’d like a second date. Keep in mind: A successful […]