Cupcakes… So Yummy
(makes 12- I doubled it) 3/4cup plus 1tablespoon organic white sugar 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, room temp 2 large organic eggs 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 3 cups all-purpose organic flour 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder 1/3 cup organic milk 1/4 teaspoon salt 24 “cake” ice cream cones
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place cones in muffin tin or in cone holder for baking. 2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter by hand or in a bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Add in vanilla and stir.
5. Mix together flour, salt and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
6. Add in the milk and stir until batter is incorporated and smooth.
7. Spoon batter into the cones about 1/2-2/3 full
8. Bake for 18-25 minutes in the preheated oven depending on oven.
9. The cupcakes are done when they have a spongy like texture to the touch. Allow to cool before frosting.
Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting Ingredients (makes about 5cups)
Cupcakes… So Yummy5 large organic egg whites 1 1/4cup of organic sugar 1/4teaspoon of salt 1 pound (4 sticks) organic unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, room temperature 1 3/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions 1. Combine egg whites, sugar, and salt in the heatproof bowl of a standing mixer set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly by hand until mixture is warm to the touch and sugar has completely dissolved (the mixture should feel completely smooth when rubbed between your fingertips).
2. Attach the bowl to the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Starting on low and gradually increasing to medium-high speed, whisk until stiff (but not dry) peaks form. Continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and glossy, and completely cool (test by touching the bottom of the bowl), about 10 minutes.
3. With mixer on medium-low speed, add the butter a few tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once all butter has been added, whisk in vanilla. Switch to the paddle attachment, and continue beating on low speed until all air bubbles are eliminated, about 2 minutes.
Scrape down sides of bowl with a flexible spatula, and continue beating until the frosting is completely smooth.
4. If adding coloring, add in color a couple of drops at a time and slowly beat with paddle attachment on low until desired color is reached. Keep buttercream at room temperature if using the same day. If making in advance, place in fridge overnight and be sure to take out and allow to come to room temp before piping onto cupcakes. (be sure to stir gently with flexible spatula once frosting comes to room temp).