Dancing Skeleton Cupcakes!
These sweet and silly skeleton cupcakes make Halloween special – plus they’re simple to make. Serve them at a party, bring them into school, or make any night spooktacular for the kids!
RECIPE – makes a dozen
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix (+ ingredients listed on box)
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- white frosting
- black frosting
- mini marshmallows
- Follow instructions on box for preparing and baking cupcakes.Allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly before decorating. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting and set aside. If you are not using decorating frosting/icing in a tube with a fine tip, simply put frosting/icing into a sandwich size plastic bag, seal and then snip off the very end of one corner of the bag with a scissors to create a “make-shift” pastry bag for piping on your silly skeleton designs. Do this with both your white and black frosting/icing.
- Now it’s time to have some fun. Using the picture as a guideline, be creative and give your silly skeletons some of your personality.
- For help with placement, place a mini marshmallow on the cupcake as the head and then start drawing on the skeleton – starting with the neck and spine, adding on the bones and exaggerating the joints. If you need some inspiration, sing “Dem Bones” The leg bone’s connected to the knee bone, The knee bone’s connected to the thigh bone, The thigh bone’s connected to the hip bone…
- Finish off your silly skeletons by drawing on his face with the black frosting. Arrange on platter and serve.