Decedant Dessert Recipe For Valentine’s Day!
Looking for a decadent dessert to make your honey this Valentine’s Day? We have the perfect recipe for YOU and it’s easy and delicious too!
Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz. baking chocolate unsweetened squares
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 fresh raspberries, washed and dried
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease ramekins generously with shortening and dust with cocoa powder, gently empty out any excess cocoa. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chocolate squares and butter in glass bowl/glass measuring cup. Microwave on low for 90 seconds and stir for one minute. If mixture is not completely smooth, microwave an additional 15-30 seconds and stir chocolate and butter until they are completely melted – fully incorporated and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In mixer, add egg, egg yolk and sugar. Beat until mixture is pale yellow and light and fluffy. Turn mixer down to medium-low speed and pour in chocolate mixture, followed by flour. Mix just until combined, do not over mix.
- Divide batter equally into 2 ramekins. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. The outside of the cake should be cooked through with a molten lava center inside the cake.
- Microwave chocolate chips on low in glass measuring cup/bowl for 30 seconds, stir until smooth. Spoon into sealable plastic bag. Snip off just very bottom of corner and pipe chocolate onto serving dishes in zigzag pattern. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges around cake carefully with butter knife. Place serving dish upside down on top of cake and gently flip. Place dish on counter and gently rock ramekin until cake is freed from container. Dust top of each with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with a raspberry and mint.
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved