Try this devilish take on Easter Eggs. They’ll be the hit at your holiday table! For more recipes and ideas for Easter visit> The Party Bluprints Blog>
Chick Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small Raisinets (or raisins)
- 1 candied orange slice
- grated lemon peel
- 12 Cheez-Its
- Peel eggs. Slice bottom off each egg so it will sit flat.
- Slice top ¼ off opposite end of egg and gently squeeze/spoon out yolk into bowl (keep top of egg with its egg).
- Mash yolk with fork. Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly incorporated and creamy.
- Spoon yolk filling into sealable plastic bag, snip off a 1” corner and pipe filling into each egg, continue piping until filling reaches height of original egg (filling should be 1/3 above top of egg.)
- Place top of egg on angle as pictured.
- Place 2 Raisinets on chick face for eyes (you may also use raisins).
- Cut candied orange slice on an angle to create a triangle and insert for nose.
- Make a hole on the top of the egg with a toothpick. Using toothpick feed strand(s) of lemon peel into hole.
- Stand chick on 2 Cheez-Its for feet.
Note: If you are serving sit-down, you may set each place setting with a chick as a plated appetizer. If you are serving as a passed appetizer, you may opt to omit the Cheez-Its (they make the chicks more unstable.)
Try this devilish take on Easter Eggs. They’ll be the hit at your holiday table! For more recipes and ideas for Easter visit> The Party Bluprints Blog> Chick Deviled Eggs Ingredients 6 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled 2 tbsp. mayonnaise 1 tsp. Dijon mustard salt and pepper, to taste 12 small Raisinets (or raisins) 1 candied orange slice […]