I can not remember the last time I had Doritos ( I used to love them), so when I researched on how to make my own — that didn’t contain any dairy — I was skeptical… The whole family gobbled them up! I seriously stumped my husband and that is hard to do..
These will take you maybe 20 minutes with cooking to prepare… and seconds to eat up because they’re delish!
Ingredients for Nacho “Cheese” Doritos
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. salt (depending on your salty tooth)
- For each seasoning, place in a high-speed blender to make it even (the nutritional yeast will be flaky so this will help).
What Chips Do You Use?
You can buy a bag of organic non-Gmo tortilla chips from the grocery store or you can make them yourself!
- 6 corn tortillas ( thin ones will be crispier)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or Grapeseed Spray
- Seasoning ( see above)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Cut your tortillas into 8 slices ( like a pie).
- In a bowl place the “tortillas or chips” inside and drizzle the olive oil or spray them all over until each side is covered.
- Coat each chip with seasoning making sure that both sides are perfectly coated.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating your pan at 7 – 10 minutes . For the fresh tortillas the edges should lightly brown. For the pre-made chips you only need 5 – 10 minutes for them to dry ( keep an eye on them so they don’t burn).
- This is the hardest step! Allow them to cool or you will burn your tongue!
Next step is to just enjoy because they’re so good!