Here’s a simple and special way to celebrate spring. Cheesecake Oreo Cupcakes are simple to make and put some serious smiles on those you serve. We hope you enjoy!
Cheesecake Oreo Cupcakes
- 2 dozen oreos/chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies
- 14 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten room temperature
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- A pinch of salt
- Cupcake liners
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place 1 cookie face down in each liner. Place remaining oreos in large sealable plastic bag and crush with back of large wooden spoon or mallet until roughly chopped – set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in mixer on medium. Add sugar and vanilla, continue mixing on medium until fully incorporated.
- While mixer is on medium, gradually add in eggs.
- Mix in sour cream and salt.
- Fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour batter into liners, fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes until “set” – not liquidy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pans to plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve you can either: remove cheesecake cupcakes and plate upside down so cookie is facing up, as pictured here; or serve them as you would a traditional cupcake.
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved