In the last week or so my facebook timeline has been littered with posts of people finding mold in the lids of their child's sippy cups or water bottles.
It's been awhile since my kids used sippy cups, but to be honest I remember this being an issue when I had them in my house as well. Regardless of me washing them in hot soapy water or running them through the dishwasher, this was an issue. I just made a habit of throwing them out every few months and replacing them because I was worried about the mold growth, because let's face it, no amount of thorough washing is going to get in between a valve which is where the mold has been growing in these complaints.Tommee Tippee, one of the companies whose products were found to have mold, has responded to parent concern and revealed that they'll be introducing a new line of cups with a two-piece valve that's easier to clean and can be filled with different types of liquid.[ad type="aboveimagead1"]