Hollywood Hot Moms Favorite Dresses from the Golden GlobesNude. Blush. Fishtails. Ponytails. Red. There were many trends on the red carpet. But, which outfits were real fashion “moments”? Overall, there was a plaethora of glamour. But, quite a few chiffon mishaps along the way. Here are some of AMY TARA KOCH picks for the Golden Globes HITS! You can follow her on twitter @Amytarakoch and AMY TARA KOCH STYLE EXPERT on Facebook
1. Charlize Theron in DiorGLAMAZON This blush Dior gown was high wattage movie star chic with a side of Midnight in Paris; the height of elegance. Cartier “museum pieces” and flapper headband elevated the look into another glamosphere.
2. Nicole Richie in Julien MacDonaldRO RADIANCE a fresh, sporty/glam take on 60s Brigitte Bardot style. The ponytail, stacked bangles and strategically placed sparkly rings yielded serious sophistication. RET
3. Salma Hayek in GucciGUCCI GODDESS The geometric pattern in the bodice and low neckline showcases her decolletege and neck while flattering her curves. Intricate pleating and pailettes are richly textured and creates dramatic movement as she walked the red carpet.
4. Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang with Harry Winston JewelsVA VA VOOM VERA! the rich midnight blue strapless mermaid gown with swirling pleats was flattering and attention grabbing in a pitch perfect, sexpot kind of way. . Minimizing the jewels to long earrings and a thick cuff was elegant choice
5. Jessica Alba in GucciHAUTE HOLLYWOOD PRINCESS with swirls of lavender tulle, Jessica Alba’s radiance and fashion flair is legendary.
6. Emma Stone in LanvinREGAL EAGLE: this plunging purple/fuchsia gown was glamorous with hints of rocker fabulosity. But, it was the studded eagle that stole the show. Emma Stone goes for drama and I love her for it.
7. Kate Beckinsale in CavalliBLUSH BEAUTY: this strapless dress was pure elegance. And the mega watt Lorrain Schwartz Earrings put the emphasis on her swanlike neck and décolletage.
8. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi ShojiPLUS SIZE GLAMOUR: Bigger women confront a massive challenge when dressing for the red carpet. Octavia nailed it with a lavendar chiffon cap sleeve gown with a plunging neckline. Shemaximized her assets and created a focal point with a jeweled neckline and huge drop earring. Bravo
You can buy the Vera Wang gown at Yadosa and the Lanvin dress through their website.