Swap a beef steak for a veggie variety and get healthy. Try this cool presentation and delicious side with dinner. Even non-cauliflower fans are sure to be intrigued. We’re absolutely fascinated by how good these healthy steaks look and taste!
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
(Makes 4 steaks)
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 lemon juiced
- Prepare basting oil: mix olive oil, minced onion, garlic powder, paprika and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Rinse head of cauliflower and remove leaves. Cut off any existing stalk so cauliflower sits flat on cutting board when turned upright.
- With a large sharp knife, slice head of cauliflower right down the middle. Cut into 1 inch steaks and lay on baking tray. Note: each slice will not be usable as a steak – the “steaks” will be cut from the center of the head where the core unites all the florets. Place the larger florets that fall away in a large plastic sealable bag. Set aside.
- Using a basting brush coat both sides of “steaks” with basting oil.
- Pour remaining oil over florets in plastic bag, seal and shake until coated.
- Grill “steaks” and florets on medium heat for 5-7 minutes/side. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.