As any parent will tell you, my family’s safety is always on the forefront of my mind. Whenever I hear of a recall, whether it’s from IKEA or a food item from Trader Joes, I always make sure that we’re in the clear because why take a risk with the people you love the most, right?
Well, according to a new report, I’m going to have to really start paying attention to what I buy during my next Home Depot run because apparently they are still selling thousands of items that are under recall. Crazy, right? The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a list of items that Home Depot stores continued to sell even though the items had been recalled – some of them dating as back as 2012! The commission notes that a lot of the products can put you at risk for shocks and burns among other things. Sorry, but that is something I definitely do not want in my home, especially with my two young kids!
A complete list of products and the details about when they were sold can be found on the CPSC website, but here are just a few below. Definitely share this with everyone you know and of course vist the “product recalls” section on Home Depot’s website.
- CE Tech 1,000 Ft. Riser Cable
- Cordelia Two-Lamp Fluorescent Shop Lights
- Easy Reach by Gorilla Ladders 3-Step Pro Series Step Stools
- Fiskars Bypass Lopper Shears
- Genie Garage Door Openers
- Harris Products Group and Lincoln Electric Welding Torch Handles
- HeathCo Motion-Activated Outdoor Lights
- Homelite Electric Blower Vacuums