Depending on how many people you are making this for you can change the numbers of the apples.
15 – 20 apples
Cinnamon to flavor
Nutmeg to flavor
1 tbs Brown Rice Syrup or Honey
Currants ( optional)
1/2 lemon squeezed
1/2 cup water
- Core apples and chop into chunks
- Peel Half of the apples ( depending on your family you can either peel all apples, peel half of the apples or keep the peel on)
- Place apples in a large pot add water and seasonings. ( I prefer to add about 3 tbs of cinnamon and one tsp of nutmeg it is up to you to decide)
- Let water start to boil then turn down to med and put top on pot
- They will be done when the apples can be smashed by a fork
- Once they finished place apples in a blender or use a hand blender
- Place back in pot ( without heat) and taste if you think it needs more seasoning please add and depending on the sweetness of the apples you can add a tbs of Brown Rice Syrup or Honey
- If you like currants you can add a handful to the applesauce.