Disclosure: Hot Moms Club has partnered with S.C. Johnson Glade® to create party inspiration. Winter and Hot Cocoa are the perfect pair. The smell of a hot cup of cocoa topped with marshmallows and mint makes you feel good and warm all over. So this winter, after enjoying some outdoor fun, invite your friends and family in from the cold to enjoy the cozy indoors with fun and festive Hot Cocoa Party. To make it easy for you, we’ve planned a Hot Cocoa Party that you can put together in 30 minutes – simple and special is the recipe for this gathering celebrating the season! The Hot Cocoa & Mint candle from the Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection served as our inspiration for this Hot Cocoa Party. To help save you money on these products here is a link to ibotta savings for Glade® >
5 FUN TIPS FOR HOSTING A HOT COCOA PARTY
- Set the mood by lighting a few Hot Cocoa & Mint candles by Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection* and playing some fun music. *Available at Walmart
- Set up a DIY Hot Cocoa Bar with mugs, cocoa and Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows (instructions below.) Invite guests to add cocoa to their mug, stir in hot water and swirl in their chocolatey minty marshmallow.
- Serve a fun snack like our Snowman on a Stick (instructions below.)
- Warm up and get cozy and comfy and have some fun.
- Invite guests to take a favor on their way out (instructions below.)
“Cocoa to Go” Favors | Send your guests home with a “take-out” memory of your party. Prepare a “Cocoa to Go” packet to pair with a Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection Hot Cocoa & Mint candle available at Walmart. See favor instructions at the bottom of this post. Snowman on a Stick is the perfect sweet treat for a Hot Cocoa Party. See instructions at the bottom of this post. Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows can be eaten like a lollipop or swirled into the hot cocoa. See instructions at the bottom of this post. PARTY BLUPRINTS 5 GOOD SENSE TIPS FOR HOSTING
We believe the most effective (and fun) way to approach entertaining is to start with a plan to stimulate the five senses. Pay attention to all the elements of your party and make sure they enhance, not detract, from each other (consider it a symphony for the senses): the food, the tables cape, the music, the lighting, etc. If you achieve the right balance, your guests’ senses will be satisfied, resulting in relaxed and happy guests and the perfect party environment!
- SEE – Lighting greatly affects the vibe of your party, plan accordingly. Candlelight always creates the perfect mood and holiday lights create a festive look.
- SMELL – ”Smell memory” is powerful and can instantly create a warm feeling associated with a fond memory of a place or time (e.g. the smell of hot cocoa and mint can bring us back to memories of being a child at the holidays.) Pay attention to your entertaining spaces and enhance them with aromas that complement your party vibe. Find the beloved scent of the season Hot Cocoa & Mint from The Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection at Walmart.
- HEAR – Music is instrumental. Prepare your music mix in advance and coordinate it with the vibe of your party. Music has the incredible power to relax, excite, inspire and transport people to another place mentally. Here’s a free download to get your wintery music mix started “This is My Wish” performed by Kevin Ross.
- TASTE – Keep it simple and fun. Don’t experiment at your party, stick with reliable recipes. Very important – prepare as much as you can ahead of time.
- TOUCH – Connect with your guests. What guest wouldn’t feel special knowing their host specially prepared this party just for them? Make time for conversation and show your guests that you’re happy they’re in your home sharing time with you.
Bonus Tip: End on a personal note. Make your guests feel extra special by sending them home with a keepsake from the party. Gestures like these make a further personal connection between you and your guests. A Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection* Hot Cocoa & Mint candle paired with a “Cocoa to Go” packet allow guests to bring the magic of the party home. Light A Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection* Hot Cocoa & Mint candles to create a festive mood and fill your party space with a delicious scent. Keep candles in a safe area away from children at the party. After the gang comes in from the cold, make sure to have an area for wet clothes, boots and mittens. These items can really cause a stink, so keep your party smelling fresh and festive with A Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection* Hot Cocoa & Mint Premium Room Spray also available at Walmart. EASY HOT COCOA PARTY RECIPES
Chocolate Mint covered Marshmallows (makes 12)
- 12 marshmallows
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8.5 oz. pkg. Andes Creme De Menthe Thins candy
- 12 mint and white striped straw
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper, set aside.
- Insert straws into middle of marshmallows, place on lined baking sheet.
- Finely chop candies on cutting board. Set aside.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in glass bowl at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring well between intervals until melted.
- Dip marshmallow in chocolate, twirl until covered halfway. Immediately roll in chopped candies. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat process until all marshmallows are complete.
- Allow to set at least one hour.
Snowman on a Stick (makes 1)
- 3 powdered doughnut holes
- mint and white striped paper straw
- edible colored markers (black and orange)
- Red Licorice wheel
- Mini pretzel sticks
- Skewer doughnut holes on to top of straw.
- Decorate snowman with edible markers.
- Unroll licorice wheel and wrap between first and second doughnut hole to create scarf.
- Insert pretzel sticks to create arms.
Note: You can use these materials and a few extras like Mint truffle Hershey’s Kisses to build an edible snowman centerpiece ahead of time for your party.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOT COCOA PARTY FAVOR “Cocoa To Go” Favor (makes 1)
- clear plastic pretzel bag
- 6 oz. hot cocoa mix
- 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- 6 mini marshmallows
- Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection Hot Cocoa & Mint candle
- gift tag
- Layer ingredients in bag, cocoa, chocolate chips and marshmallow.
- Fold over top and use clear tape to seal (you can also tie with a ribbon.)
- Embellish with a fun sticker.
- Pair with Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection Hot Cocoa & Mint candle – tie a gift tag through cutout on top of packaging.