Mitzi Dulan RD gives us some tips on how to be Red Carpet Ready! If you do not have an award show to go to then use them for a night out on the town or for a special occasion.
[cycloneslider id=”41663″] 1. Make it cold! Did you know that by drinking ice cold water throughout the day you will stay hydrated, avoid munching all day AND by drinking about 75 oz/ day of ice cold water will help you BURN an extra 100 calories per day! It takes energy for your body to get the water to body temperature.
2. Skinny Dessert Do-Over: instead of regular ice cream save 15 grams of fat and 210 calories by eating banana “ice cream”. Take 3 ripe bananas; peel and freeze Directions: simply blend the frozen bananas (blend enough for about ½ cup of banana ice cream).
3. Save 200 calories and 12 grams of fat. Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies instead of regular chocolate chip cookies. 1 ripe banana, mashed ½ cup quick cooking oats 2 tablespoons chocolate chips Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together and drop on cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool.
4. Munch on frozen grapes for a mini sorbet to satisfy a sweet tooth.
5. Avoid snacking throughout the day. Instead, focus on eating 3 meals each day with a good source of protein such as salmon, tuna, grilled chicken, lean beef, eggs, lentils, and beans. You can also have a fruit smoothie mixed with milk, frozen fruit, and a scoop of natural protein powder as your breakfast.
6. Stop drinking all beverages with calories such as sodas, juices, alcohol, or lemonade 2 weeks before the event. Instead, choose LaCroix sparkling waters, which are 100% natural – with a hint of fruit flavor. Calorie, sweetener and sodium free, they are the perfect alternative to high sugar, full-calorie sodas.
7. Eat clean foods. Clean eating is big trend in nutrition circles today and it simply means steering clear of highly processed and packaged foods that contain artificial ingredients. It means eating whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, fresh herbs and high quality protein sources. Avoid artificial sweeteners.
8. Savor slowly. One of the keys to The Pinterest Diet is to learn to give your food the attention it deserves. You need to eat consciously (not on the couch in front of tv).
9. Don’t eat after 7:30 pm. This rule is really non-negotiable. If you want to get red carpet ready, do no eat after 7:30 pm. This will help you reach your goals.