Disneyland is rolling out stormtroopers and has let The Force escape by adding 5 special ways to celebrate Star Wars at Disneyland during Season of the Force. Season of the Force is a fun way to celebrate all things Star Wars and the perfect way to get even more excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Some of our favorites are a chances to meet Star Wars characters, taste Star Wars inspired treats and experience attractions with an all-new Star Wars twist.
1. Hyperspace Mountain – a reimagined Space Mountain
- This has to be the most amazing facelift to a ride EVER as you climb aboard a reimagined Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will be thrusted into an X-wing starfighter battle. Never before did you feel like you were Princess Leia or even Luke Skywalker! The new and amazing soundtrack that was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra also helps!
Check out our friend Whit on Hyperspace Mountain
2. The Galactic Grill – a great spot to refuel
- With a dark side and a light side menu you can choose foods inspired by Star Wars! For breakfast you can get a blue corn Darth Tamale or for lunch/dinner a First Order Specialty Burger (angus beef and chorizo patty topped with fried cherry peppers and spicy lime aioli on a dark bun).
- We love the new collectible sippers and containers here as well as fun drinks with a light up Death Star or Millennium Falcon lights depending on which one you choose.
- The allergy menu is all ready to go as well (We love that you can find a gluten free Cheese 3PO burger and fries definitely plus a Droid rice crispy treat for dessert).
- Pizza Port you can also enjoy a Star Wars Inspired menu items!
3. Star Wars Launch Bay – a central location to celebrate all things Star Wars (this is in the former Innoventions building)
- New Character Encounters – From Darth Vader to Chewbacca you can meet them all!
- Themed Galleries – A star wars fans biggest dreams will come true with the gallery filled with the Light and Dark Side fun! Stormtrooper armor, Jedi lightsabers,Sith lightsabers, rebel flight helmets, replicas of props and costumes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the preview gallery as well as starships and pilots in the Starship Gallery. You can also make your own cell phone covers.
- The Cantina – such a fun place to explore!
- Launch Bay Theater – the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga share their secrets.
- Launch Bay Cargo – check out the amazing high end artifacts or personalized D-Tech on Demand mobile device cases.
- Game Center – everyone loves the newest video games AND exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box levels.
4. Star Wars Path of the Jedi – Luke Skywalker’s Journey to Becoming a Jedi ( be careful tears may fall from your eyes).
- In the Tomorrowland theater be prepared to be blown away! This movie will remind you why you love the Star Wars world so much and how exciting all of the new journeys will be!
5. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – new scenes for Star Tours
- A new destination and characters will be spotted while you enjoy your adventure on Star Tours.
6. Build a lightsaber that puts Kylo’s to shame at Star Traders
Kylo Ren’s lightsaber from Star Wars: Guests who are shopping at the Star Traders can use elements of Kylo’s design to create their own custom lightsabers!
Starting December 8th you’ll also be able to check out a reimagined battle experience at the Jedi Training with new characters!