Looking for a fabulous way to wake up your senses this spring? We have the solution and it’s simple and fun! We’ve put together a special Ladies’ Night inspired cocktail party – inspired by Apothic White and its darker motives.
Apothic is a white wine with darker motives, bottled for nights just like the one we’ve created for you. The new 2012 vintage combines a trio of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Riesling with hints of peach and apricot, giving it a refreshing finish like spring. This medium-bodied wine is slightly sweet and friendly (just like the girls) with a darker side well-suited for adventurous food pairings – perfect for sipping, snacking and sharing your darkest secrets with the ladies.
Below are our tips and recipes for hosting your own special Ladies’ Night. This night is about indulging in some sinfully good food. Our simple, “make-ahead” recipes feature fresh blackberries, chile and jalapeño to add some sweet heat to the night (we loved using blackberries in the cocktail and dessert – they’re in season and have a darker side too.) Plus, our tips will help you create the perfect party vibe with ease, so you can enjoy a special night with your guests.
Inviting your friends into your home for Ladies’ Night makes for a more personal evening; plus, eating out can get expensive and when dinner is over so is your night. Create a cozy spot that’s conducive to conversation anywhere in your home – make sure you have ample seating and plenty of places to set down drinks and food. Bring in pillows and chairs from other rooms in your home to ensure everyone can relax and be comfortable. Set up tables for food and your bar. The food should ideally be located where everyone is sitting, so the ladies take their time throughout the evening. The bar should be stocked with everything your guests will need: wine, glasses, and all the makings for the Apothic Spring Spritzers, the signature cocktail for the evening. Then, dim the lights, light some candles (the Apothic bottle is so gorgeous we used it as a candlestick) and put on the music. With everything prepared and set out ahead of time, you can sit, sip and share as a guest at your own party!
Apothic White by the glass – don’t over chill the wine, you’ll stifle its true flavor.
Apothic Spring Spritzer – with warmer weather on the way it’s time to start enjoying spritzers again. They’re a refreshing and cool way to enjoy the Apothic White – perfect for ladies looking to cut calories and alcohol content. We added blackberries as more of a fruit pairing than a garnish. They’re in season and add a taste of spring, while staying true to the darker motives of the night.
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail)
- 1 cup white wine, very cold
- 1/2 cup club soda, very cold
- 3 skewered blackberries
- lime wheel
Menu Suggestions …
Blackberry Nutella Pizza
- 1 lb. pizza dough, room temperature
- Olive oil
- ¾ cup hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- 3 – 6 oz. containers blackberries, rinsed and dried
- Remove pizza dough from the refrigerator and allow it to warm to room temperature, at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Grease large pizza pan with olive oil. Place ball of pizza dough on center of pan. Starting in the center gently knead the dough pressing it out toward edge of pan until dough is evenly spread out.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. If any “bubbles” have formed on dough, pierce with fork to release steam and gently tamp down.
- Spread hazelnut spread evenly over pizza (except for crust).
- Pop back in oven for 1 minute.
- Top with berries
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of Nutella into a plastic sandwich bag and snip the tip of one corner. Use bag to drizzle Nutella on top of pizza.
- Cut and serve.
Fresh Jalapeño Hummus with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 15.5 oz. can of chick peas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
Add all ingredients, except water, to mini food processor. Pulse until ingredients start to combine and then slowly add water through shoot at top of food processor and puree until well combined. You can adjust the texture of your hummus by adding additional liquid (water or olive oil) to your liking or add more heat with additional jalapeno
Grilled Lime Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 – 16 butter lettuce leaves
- Soy Lime Dressing ( like Kikkoman , San-J, Annie’s dressings)
- To prepare marinade, simply add oil, nectar, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper in glass measuring cup. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken into gallon size sealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and gently massage and turn chicken in bag until thoroughly covered with marinade. Place sealed bag on dish and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Place chicken breast side up on grates and grill for 5-7 minutes, repeat on other side. You want the marinade to have a chance to caramelize and make some nice grill marks without overcooking your chicken. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 170 degrees or until juices run clear.
- Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Cut into bite-size pieces and stir with dressing; refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves
If you enjoyed our tips, make sure to take the #ApothicWhite Virtual Wine Tour and see how some of your favorite Entertaining Experts celebrate a white with darker motives! You can link here for each stop on the tour: Kitchen Living With Coryanne – Celebrations At Home Blog – Meyers Styles – Dine and Dish and All Day I Dream About Food – Join the conversation and share your ideas using the tag #ApothicWhite.
Disclaimer: We have been compensated to create and share Apothic White Wine, the tips, recipe and ideas on how to celebrate are expressly our own.
Looking for a fabulous way to wake up your senses this spring? We have the solution and it’s simple and fun! We’ve put together a special Ladies’ Night inspired cocktail party – inspired by Apothic White and its darker motives. Apothic is a white wine with darker motives, bottled for nights just like the […]