It can be nearly impossible to pass up the chips for healthier choices such as veggies. So today we’re happy to share a healthy and tasty recipe for Kale Chips from Jennifer Christman, RD and Nutrition Manager at Medifast. We hope you’ll give them a try and make the chip swap at some of get-togethers and gatherings this summer.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 12 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large bunch kale (about 6 cups), tough stems removed, leaves torn, washed
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Position racks in upper third and center of oven, and preheat to 400° F.
- Pat kale dry with paper towel; transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle kale with oil, and sprinkle with salt. Massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat.
- Fill two baking sheets with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap.
- Bake about 8-12 minutes, until most leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through. (If baking a batch on just one sheet, start checking after eight minutes to prevent burning.)
Per serving: 80 calories | 3g fat | 9g carbohydrates | 3g protein