Try a twist on the traditional American sliders and turn them Italian instead! This easy, “mess free”, mini meatball sub is a great appetizer for the big game or any party you host.
Serves: 32-40 sliders
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pkgs. Martin’s party potato rolls (24/pkg.), sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line rimmed aluminum baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Gently mix ground beef, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, garlic powder, salt & pepper together by hand in a large bowl. Do not overwork beef, simply mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll 2” meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice meatballs into quarters.
- Place bottom half of roll on serving tray. Top with meatball, a tsp. of sauce, sprinkle of shredded mozzarella, top of roll. Continue process until all sliders are assembled.
- Serve hot and enjoy!