I recently was given a dehydrator for my birthday! It was one of the best gifts that I have ever received. My first treat that I tried making was adapted from Rawvolution in Santa Monica, CA.
- 4 fuji apples (or any other sweet variety), 2 cut into large cubes, the other grated
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 6 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup golden flax seeds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- Blend the cubed apple, the water, the flax meal, the salt, the syrup, and the cinnamon in a blender till smooth.
- Pour mixture over the flax and chia seeds in a large bowl. Allow to site for three hours (or more is fine, too), till the mixture is thick and viscous. Stir in the grated apple and the pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the mixture onto a Teflex-lined dehydrator sheet. It should be just shy of 1/4” thick.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees overnight (6-8 hours). Place another Teflex sheet on top of the flatbread, then gingerly invert the two and peel the original sheet off the bottom of the crackers. Score into 6-8 pieces and continue to dehydrate for another 3-4 hours, or until very crispy.