Room Makeovers That Will Not Break the Budget. So you have a room that needs updating, but you don’t have a lot of time or money? Not a problem. These quick-fix ideas will spruce up a room in no time without emptying your wallet.
- If you like old fashioned tin ceilings, try ceiling tile paintable wallpaper. It’s textured wallpaper that looks like embossed white plaster, and you can paint it any color you want. Put it up under a chair rail to make a unique wainscoting in a weekend.
- For artwork, frame color copies of prints out of books, magazines or catalogs. If it’s a kids’ bathroom, frame some of their art.
- A few fresh hand towels and a new toilet seat will freshen things up, as well.
- A new duvet cover or comforter and matching shams will instantly change the look of your bedroom. Reversible covers give you even more design bang for your buck.
- Paint an accent wall to bring a new color into the room. If your other walls are neutral, go with a bolder color on the accent wall. If the other walls are a strong color, pick out a neutral tone.
- Fabric remnants are an inexpensive and easy way to dress up your room. Recover pillows or add a colorful band to your drapes. At about one-third of the regular fabric price, they’re a bargain.