How To Keep Your Kids From Getting Kidnapped!
Can you believe that the summer is over? We can’t … it seemed to fly bye! As much as we love sending our kids back to school it is extremely important to make sure they are going to be in a safe place while you are not with them all day and how to protect themselves ( no matter what age they are)!
Here are some important safety tips to review with your children!
1. Put a IPOD or Cell Phone in your child’s back pack and turn on your life360 application, this way you can always see where your child is and if there is an emergency you can text them.. ( of course not getting them in trouble while in class).
Strangers and Dangers… and If I need help. Where do I go?
- Identify your child’s route to school. Walk the route with your child and point out homes or businesses that they can go to if they need help.
- Talk about your daily pick up plans and what you will do if the plan changes (for example if you are late or someone else will be there).
- Tell your child who is on the ” pickup list” when they get picked up from school.
- Let them know that you WILL NEVER send anyone to pick them up that is not on the list and that you will absolutely never send someone to pick them up along side of the road.
- Remind your children about Strangers and that they must stay away! They must also never accept a gift from a stranger!!