Celebrity makeup artist Scott Barnes recently relocated from NYC to LA and he is dishing on his favoritte tips!
- Scott’s #1 tip is to use Body Bling on all exposed body parts! As he said, “why should makeup stop with your face?”. Use Body Bling on shoulders, legs, back, décolletage…anywhere you’re showing a little skin, to smooth out imperfections and give your skin a gorgeous golden glow! It’s a favorite product of Hollywood moms Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, and Gwen Stefani.
- Everyone should always carry eye drops! My favorite is Naphcon A (avail at your local drugstore), as they make your eyes look bright and white and rested
- What are the biggest mistakes people make when trying out contouring and how to avoid them? –Biggest mistake is contouring on top of your makeup! I contour before I put on foundation, because then you can’t see it, just the results.
- Bronzer – work from the outside of your face in, to create a “halo effect” and beautiful “lit from within” glow. The last thing you want to do is add dark bronzer under your eyes (or up to the side of your nose) where your skin is already darker, and definitely avoid applying bronzer to the creases around your mouth and eyes, as that will make you look older.
- Use concealer! Find one with a little pink undertone, which will add youth when used under your eyes
- Avoid a dark, harsh lip – this can age your face
- Individual lashes can brighten your eyes and make them look bigger! Always use an eyelasher curler – I like the one from Japanesque.
About Scott Barnes
Scott Barnes is a celebrated makeup artist and innovator within the cosmetics industry. He arrived in New York City in 1984 determined to fulfill his dream as a fine-arts painter. After attending New York’s prestigious Parsons School of Design, Scott began assisting on fashion photography shoots and quickly became one of the most sought after makeup artists in the industry.
If you want even more information, add him on Facebook!