Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 8 hours
Do you think you are the worst cook in the wold? I mean you say you can’t even boil water without making a mistake? Have you ever tried to boil eggs and you forget to take them off and you burn the eggs? I find cooking easy and baking challenging.. But, I have had my days of burning boiled eggs!
- 1 whole 4-6 lb chicken, giblets removed
- 2 – 3 tbs olive oil, butter, grape seed oil ( your choice)
- 1/2 – 1 whole lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1 ts dried)
- 1 tbs – 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs rock salt ( this can be kosher salt or I prefer pink salt)
- Honestly you can use any spices you want and adjust the amount above
- Take the whole chicken and rinse it inside and out with water. pat dry and set aside.
- Take the lemon, oil and seasonings and mix them all together in a small dish.
- Using your hands, lift the skin to separate the skin and meat. rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, over the skin and underneath right onto the breast meat. place the chicken in a crock pot on low for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the crock pot. If you choose to make this during the day at the 4 hour point, I suggest adding potatoes and veggies in the crock pot to cook along with the chicken.
- Note: I made this chicke over night. Be careful it may be hard to keep it for dinner as you will want to snack on it all day long!