Dairy Free, Chocolate Lover’s Cake Brownies
(Family Features) – Did you know that today’s soymilk is not only good for you, but also great tasting? And this goes way beyond just serving by the glass or as an ingredient in smoothies.
“Next time you’re in the kitchen, try using soymilk whenever a recipe calls for milk. As a versatile and flavorful ingredient, it can be used in anything from soups and casseroles to breads and desserts,” said Helen Roberts, manager of culinary development for Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc. “Take your mother’s macaroni and cheese and update it with Kikkoman Pearl® Organic Soymilk.”
Created by Kikkoman, the company that introduced soy sauce to America, Pearl® Soymilk is made with whole soybeans, organic ingredients, contains seven grams of soy protein per serving and is preservative-free. It’s also cholesterol and lactose free, making it a good option for people with lactose sensitivities. In fact, one eight-ounce serving contains as much calcium and more vitamin A and D as a glass of milk.
There are six luscious flavors to choose from: Chocolate, Creamy Vanilla, Unsweetened, Green Tea, Coffee or Original. With so many flavor options, the possibilities are endless! Got a sweet craving? Try green tea freezer pops or chocolate brownies enhanced with the rich flavor of chocolate soymilk. Want to add nutrition to savory dishes? Try Original or Unsweetened soymilk in mashed potatoes, lasagna and pot pies.
Chocolate Lover’s Cake Brownies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Pearl Chocolate Organic Soymilk
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Mix together granulated sugar, cocoa and boiling water in large mixing bowl with wooden spoon. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; beat lightly until just combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and soymilk, beating after each addition.
- Pour batter into nonstick 15 x 10-inch jelly roll baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350¬∞F oven 18 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 15 to 18 servings
Kikkoman – Pearl Organic Soymilk