Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots
INGREDIENTS You need a spoon with a rough edge 30 large strawberries 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
1 cup tequila 3/4 cup cointreau
For the Rim Sugar or Salt 2 limes
How to prepare the Strawberries 1. Place the strawberry on its side and cut off the top.
2. Keep in place and then cut off the tip of the strawberry’s bottom so the berry can stand upright. Don’t cut off too much as you don’t want a hole at the bottom.
3. Take the spoon and scoop out the insides of the strawberries.
4. Put them all on a baking sheet and dry them a little with a paper towel.
Jell-O 5. Combine Jell-O mix with 3/4 cup boiling water and stir 2 minutes and dissolve.
6. Stir tequila and cointreau into the Jell-O mixture.
7. Using a container with a spout, pour Jell-O/ alcohol mixture into strawberry cups. Fill them up as much as possible, because Jell-O shrinks.
8. Refrigerate four hours or until firm.
9. Zest lime ( or scrape the side off the lime) into a plate of sugar.
10. Slice lime a new lime ( or you can use the same one) into thin rounds, then cut into small wedges that can balance on the side of the strawberry.
11. Wet the sides of the strawberry with lime or water, roll in your sugar-lime zest, and garnish with lime wedge.