Here’s is a summertime party dessert that’s not only beautiful to look at, it’s delicious to eat. The fresh fruit is the perfect dessert for a warm night. Plus, this dip recipe takes this dessert from delicious to deliriously good! Hope you enjoy and try it at your next gathering.
Sunset Skewers – The Perfect Ending to a Perfect Evening!
- 14 wooden skewers
- 1 fresh pineapple – cubed
- 2 cantaloupe – cubed
- 5 kiwi – peeled & sliced
- 1 32 oz. container strawberries – washed & hulled
- 2 6 oz. containers blackberries, washed (you can substitute red grapes)
- 1 box Jell-O Instant Pistachio Pudding & Pie Filling (+ ingredients listed on packaging)
- 1 8 oz. tub frozen whipped topping
- Splash of Amaretto (optional)
- Using bamboo skewers, skewer the fruit in the following order to represent the sunset: blackberry or red grape (reddish/purple), strawberry (red), cantaloupe (orange), pineapple (yellow) and kiwi (green).
- Arrange skewers on a large round platter in an arc to simulate the sky at sunset. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with dip*.
- Defrost frozen whipped topping.
- Prepare pistachio pudding according to directions and fold into cool whip.
- Add a splash of Amaretto (optional).
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Combine any unused fruit in a bowl and serve on the side or keep in fridge for tomorrow’s breakfast!
If you are entertaining guests from “the younger set”, remove pointy end of skewers before assembling.