We couldn’t wait to share this super side for Summer BBQs and Picnics!
This side salad is a delicious and heathly complement to BBQ meats, poultry and fish. The fresh flavors from the produce brighten up this wholesome grain resulting in a refreshing and tasty salad. It’s an easy and affordable salad to make – a little couscous goes a long way!
- 1 cup tri-color Couscous (you can substitute plain couscous)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears of grilled corn on the cob (kernels removed)
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly
- ½ dry pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill. Remove husks and silks from corn. Grill corn on medium heat 15-20 minutes turning midway through. Allow corn to cool thoroughly and then using a knife slice off the kernels from the cobs. Set kernels aside.
- Add chicken broth and grilled corn kernels to a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Remove pot from heat, add couscous, stir and cover. Allow couscous to sit for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork until fluffy and all clumps are removed. Add scallions, tomatoes and parsley and gently mix. In a separate bowl, prepare dressing by mixing fresh lime juice, canola oil, salt and pepper – mix thoroughly and then dress salad.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved