We are so excited to share this back to basics Valentine’s Day party for kids!
Children love making handmade Valentine’s Day cards – it’s a craft and gift in one! We love it too and so we made it a party by including some easy recipes for party treats. Enjoy and share the love!
Retro ‘70s Valentines – Inspired by the sweet valentines from our youth, we used sheets of Cavallini Valentine Retro Kid Wrapping Paper from papersource.com as the foundation for our table. (It’s fun and colorful and sure to enchant the adults as well as the children.)
How To Host:
- Invite a small group of children (and their parents) over to craft and celebrate Valentines Day with you and your children.
- This party is perfect to plan for morning or afternoon, depending on the age of the children. A two-hour window provides adequate time for the activity, playing and snacking at this party. If children are very young, 1.5 hours is even better, as the tiny tots will be ready for a nap.
- Plan to direct guests to the activity (making handmade valentines) as they arrive so they can get busy.
Decor and Food:
- Cover the table with 4 sheets of wrapping paper.
- Create workstations for each child with a supply of colored construction paper, cut out hearts, crayons, stickers, stamps, doilies, glue sticks and blunt scissors for the younger set.
- Help your guests craft handmade valentines for parents, grandparents, teachers and friends.
- Clear the crafts and serve sweet treats:
- Enhance the theme by serving strawberry flavored milk in Vintage Milk Bottles with paper straws.