Ah one of our favorite holiday treats Tomato-Stuffed Pouches Holiday Appetizer & Wine Pairing. Foodies, everywhere will rejoice. While the turkey maybe the cornerstone of your holiday menu, let’s not forget that the accompaniments are just as important as the main dish. These tomato-stuffed pouches are not just adorable, they are a delicious way to count down until the bird is done roasting. The Mediterranean flavors and sweet presentation make for the perfect way to set the holiday tone and perk up everyone’s appetite. Pair these pouches with a Wonderful Wine Co. Rosé and your guest may just forget all about the main course!
6 ounces cherry tomatoes
¼ cup jarred capers
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic
5 lasagna sheets
10 fresh chives
1.Slice the tomatoes in half or quarter, then lightly squeeze out the seeds. Mince them then set aside.
2. Rinse the capers in running water then lightly squeeze out the liquid.
3. In small bowl, mix the capers, dried oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and extra virgin olive oil. Use an immersion blender to smooth the mixture. Adjust the taste according to your taste. Mix it with the minced tomatoes and set aside.
4. Over high heat, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add some salt then cook the lasagna sheets 1 or 2 at a time. Follow cooking time according
to the packaging. Usually, it is 2-3 minutes.
5. When cooked, take out the lasagna sheet from the water and spread it out on a clean kitchen dish towel to dry it out. Transfer it to a plate
carefully. Put a parchment paper on top of it so that the next cooked lasagna that you will put on top will not stick to it.
6.To prepare the pouches, slice a lasagna sheet in two then spoon some tomato mixture in the middle.
7. Collect all the ends of the lasagna sheet and press together to close. Tie with a fresh chive close it well
*Recipe courtesy of Thanksgiving.com