The Energy of Flowers
Boost your Mood with Vitamin F!
Have fun, be creative and feel your energy shift!
Inspiration and Motivation: Infuses the soul with rejuvenating energy
• Key Color: Red epitomizes motivation, fame, courage and power. Design an up-shooting spray that also includes sensuous, rich orange and fuchsia, which suggest enthusiasm and exuberance.
• Vase Style: A tall mirrored or shiny metal container of any kind will stoke inspiration. Mirrors boost positive energies and bring good luck, which will circulate through all endeavors.
• In the Home: The kitchen or home office is an ideal place to inject motivational energy — or the power of now. Anyone will feel encouraged to reach for the stars and live life to the fullest.
• Suggested Flower Options: Roses, callas, Asiatic lilies, snapdragons, hypericum
Serenity: Allows our minds to unwind and release tension, bringing a sense of calm to our lives
• Key Color: Loosely arranged hues of blue, violet and lavender evoke serenity and will help clear the mind of stress. Blue represents the ocean and sky, while shades of purple invoke spiritual energy.
• Vase Style: A cobalt blue glass vase represents inner wisdom and will help add balance. The blue is yin (soft, curving, cyclical) and the glass is yang (straight, shiny, linear) for a perfect equilibrium.
• In the Home: Setting this in the entryway will set the tone for tranquility as you step inside your home from the chaotic world outside.
• Suggested Flower Options: Hydrangea, delphinium, lisianthus, stock
Wellness: Evokes balanced feelings of mind, body and spirit
• Key Color: Yellow is the primary color for this emotional energy, as it represents the sun, life force and health. Supplement a big burst of blooms with greens, which induce nature’s healing energy, and white, which reflects serenity.
• Vase Style: Choose an oval or round, terra-cotta, wood or bamboo container to replicate the Earth’s element, providing grounding and balance.
• In the Home: Locate this energy in the living room or family room to enhance the space of relaxation, meditation and family connection.
• Suggested Flower Options: Gerbera, carnations, solidago, hydrangea (white or green), callas, pompons, chrysanthemums.
Courtesy of Yummy Mummy
Jayme Barrett has teamed with the Flower Promotion Organization and Society of American Florists to create seven Vitamin F arrangements to help emotional energy blossom in the home. Barrett is the leading authority on inspired living and best-selling author, empowering individuals to design their lives for increased balance, energy and motivation. Barrett specializes in techniques for personal fulfillment, prosperity and integrated health.
She has appeared on numerous national television shows and been featured in print publications.
The Energy of Flowers Boost your Mood with Vitamin F! Did you know that flowers give us energy much like a daily vitamin boosts our physical body? Moms need all the energy they can get, and flowers are the perfect go-to solution for a pick-me-up. Depending on the mood you want to create, choose one […]