This 2 Year Old’s Death Is Shedding Some Light On The Dangers Of Button Batteries

Advertisement

Two year old  Brianna Florer had a great christmas, unfortunately two days later she tragically died after it was revealed she ingested a small button battery.

According to The Oklahoman, Brianna’s grandfather Kent Vice said the holiday was ‘perfect’ “On Saturday she was fine,” maternal grandfather Kent Vice said. “It was a perfect Christmas.”

According to the paper the toddler had been feeling under the weather for a few days leading up to Christmas, sometimes vomiting and running a low fever. It was when little Brianna threw up blood on Sunday that her parents, Brian and Stephanie Florer, called for an ambulance. While the paramedics were checking her out she vomited blood again and was immediately transported to the local hospital.

“She threw up again,” Vice said. “It was a massive amount of blood, and they rushed her to the Grove hospital.”

Brianna was transferred to another hospital in Tulsa after doctors quickly diagnosed the problem, but it proved to be too late.

[continueReading]

 
Kelli Catana

Kelli Catana is a Canadian living in the US with a longstanding love affair with entertainment news and celebrity gossip. She has written about it for some of the most popular websites in both Canada and the US including Entertainment Tonight Canada, I'm Not Obsessed and Babble. When she's not chauffeuring her 4 kids back and forth to the rink for various hockey and figure skating activities, she can be found glued to Netflix or reading a great book.

Our philosophy is simple, ‘You are not the best mom, unless you are the best YOU’.

FOLLOW US ON
About Us

Since 2005 Hot Moms Club has been a pioneer in redefining motherhood, always on the pulse of momtrends and based in Hollywood, Hot Moms Club has had the support of dozens of top Celebrity moms and dads.