“Home is Where the Heart is” as the saying goes. As parents we often jump at any reason to get out of the house for a date night, but this Valentine’s Day instead of being rushed and frustrated at crowded restaurants, why not send the kids to Grandma’s and create a quiet sexy, relaxing spa night at home.
Here are my quick tips from turning your home environment from a loud lego filled kidville to a sensual zen sanctuary that inspires love and romance.
1. If your house is not already tidy, splurge on a cleaning service, this will help set the mood- as it is very hard to relax in a messy space.
2. Candles, candles and more candles, fill the bathroom and bedroom, every environment feels more enchanting and mysterious with candles burning…(and I can’t think of more flattering lighting- wink wink!)
3. Get clean before you get dirty! Shower together; one of my favorite new gadgets, the Aroma Sense Luxury Shower head, it is used in actual spas because it not only makes the water more fresh and pure, but it releasing enticing fragrances into the shower.
4. Love notes; a hidden note or card of appreciation and adoration if written well and sincere can be a treasured keepsake.I have found things are always more exciting when discovered…so hide and place the note somewhere you know they will surely stumble across it. (writing passionate phrases on his mirror in lipstick, or leaving little sticky notes of devotion around the house are also effective in turning up the romantic vibe.
5. For a bedroom surprise, fill the bed with red and white helium balloons and tie sweet notes to the end of each string, maybe they are sensual notes foreshadowing the night to come, or favorite memories together from the past year, or a little of both, be creative and bold.
6. Sexy lingerie, splurge and get something new and flirty, go out of your comfort zone, or wear something you have that brings out your inner goddess.
7. Get Close~ with your netfilx q-ed up,your favorite take-out ordered, put cozy blankets in the dryer just before you cuddle on the couch so they are nice and toasty, and get your snuggle on!
“Home is Where the Heart is” as the saying goes. As parents we often jump at any reason to get out of the house for a date night, but this Valentine’s Day instead of being rushed and frustrated at crowded restaurants, why not send the kids to Grandma’s and create a quiet sexy, relaxing spa […]