You want a romantic evening but you don’t want to deal with reservations. You want to knock your socks off of your valentine with your mad, slick kitchen skills. Well this menu will be your chance to shine and get your romance on. Check out past menus in case you want to mix and match. Have fun, pick out your awesome playlist, light the candles and enjoy!
Pretty in Pink
- 1/2-ounce orange liqueur
- 1/2-ounce creme de cassis or grenadine
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1-ounce organic vodka
- Organic club soda
- Lemon slice, for garnish
In a highball glass filled with ice, pour the orange liqueur, creme de cassis, lemon juice, and vodka. Top with club soda and stir. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
Stuck On You Caramelized Walnut Salad
- 1 bulb fennel, halved and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup caramelized walnuts (recipe below)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces (about 6 to 7 cups) mixed salad greens
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe below
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, toss together fennel, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the ingredients on the baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until the fennel is caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.