Vegan and Gluten Free Super Bowl Menu and Recipes
The holidays are behind us but an all American tradition is coming up quick, Super Bowl Sunday! No matter if you actually watch the game or are just there for the commercials, the best part (at least for me) is the food! It’s the centerpiece of the party and a bottomless pit of mindless eating for about 4 hours. So why not make the food awesome and on the healthier side? Vegans or not, check out this year’s menu so whether you’re a sports fan or not, you’ll be looking forward to the food!
Game Day Guac
- 3 avocados, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 ears corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 clove(s) garlic, finely crushed and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the avocados, corn, jalapeno, onions, cilantro, lime juice and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with organic tortilla chips or crudite.
Kick Off Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup popping corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspooncayenne pepper
Heat oil in deep pot over medium high heat. Add corn. Cover pot and pop the corn, shaking pan often. Remove from heat. Drizzle with melted butter. Combine spices in a small dish and sprinkle the blend over hot corn. Serve.
Field Goal Green Salad