1. Breakfast Foods: Although pancakes, waffles, and eggs are crowd favorites, they don’t hold up well on a buffet and you don’t want to become a short order cook, so put a twist on a favorite by substituting quiche for the eggs, crepes for the pancakes and waffles and opt for breakfast and french toast casseroles.
2. Spiral Ham: hands down our favorite brunch item for versatility, ease of preparation and serving.
- Spiral Ham – we love it because it’s so easy to prepare, it feeds a crowd and it’s so versatile:
- It’s easy to prepare – remove from wrapper, heat, glaze and serve.
- It’s simple to serve – remove from oven, it’s pre-cut so no carving and it’s perfect warm to room temperature.
- If you love breakfast, enjoy it as your breakfast meat side conversely if you’re a lunch fan, make a gourmet ham sandwich on a croissant.
- It’s the perfect leftover when all the guests are gone and you realize you were having so much fun you didn’t eat all that much!
2. Make Your Own Salad Bar – Alongside a big bowl of spring greens, offer any selection of toppings beautifully presented on platters that guests can enjoy on their salad or as sides.
3. Other suggestions:
- Cheese plate (include Parmigiano Reggiano in a wedge that guests can grate on their salad, or sandwich; others may take a nugget to savor on the side of their meal).
- Fruit platter – turn a basic salad into a citrus or berry salad or mix it up for a breakfast side or healthy dessert