Boy Went Into Cardiac Arrest After Eating a Hot Dog


In just less than two weeks, we’ll be celebrating the harvest and beginning of autumn. So as the end of summer approaches quickly, kids and adults alike are still enjoying summertime treats like ice cream and hot dogs.

At a baseball game, or backyard barbecue, hot dogs – despite not being the healthiest choice – are a popular American food. Parents and kids love them and there are a lot of warnings out there to make sure you cut the hot dog into pieces for smaller kids, so they don’t choke, but this latest warning is something we’ve never even heard of before.

A 9-year-old boy opened his mouth wide for a bite of a tasty hot dog, but had no idea it could almost kill him — and it almost did. The boy took a big bit of a hot dog, with bun, and the bite sent him into cardiac arrest!

The boy’s heart stopped beating and he fainted soon after biting into a frankfurter while he was at school.

Paramedics were called and they worked on the unconscious boy for 30 minutes before they were able to get his heart rhythm back. And as it turns out, he wasn’t choking on the hot dog, like we would all suspect, but the scare eventually led to a rare diagnosis for him, and his brother.

hot dog
Credit: Pixabay

A bite of a hot dog sent this boy into cardiac arrest and right to the hospital.

 


Maria Lianos Carbone

Maria Lianos-Carbone is Publisher/Editor of amotherworld. Follow her on Twitter @amotherworld and @lifeandtravelca, and on Instagram @amotherworld.


Our philosophy is simple, ‘You are not the best mom, unless you are the best YOU’.

FOLLOW US ON
About Us

Since 2005 Hot Moms Club has been a pioneer in redefining motherhood, always on the pulse of momtrends and based in Hollywood, Hot Moms Club has had the support of dozens of top Celebrity moms and dads.