While it’s customary to have a vegetable side during the holiday’s , no one ever said it had to taste like health food! The holidays are all about decadence and enjoying life to its fullest, which in my book, means incorporating lots of heavy cream and cheese. When paired with a nice, crisp Sauvignon Blanc, like A Smile and a Wink from Club W, the green veggies are highlighted to at least make you feel like you aren’t cheating-too much. Try this heavenly spin on a powerhouse veggie for a mind-blowing side that your guests will love!
Click here and You can order A Smile and A Wink Sauvignon Blanc from Club with a special 50% off discount through HMC!
Brussel Sprouts Gratin
1 pound Brussels sprouts
freshly ground pepper
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup cheddar cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs
3 Tbs butter, melted
Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan or 6 individual ramekins with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Remove the outer leaves and stems of the Brussels sprouts and toss. Boil Brussels sprouts in a large salted pot of water and then drain.
3. Coarsely chop the sprouts and toss them with salt and pepper.
4. Lay in the bottom of the prepared baking pan or ramekins.
5. Evenly pour the cream on top.
6. Toss together the breadcrumbs and cheese with the melted butter.
7. Spread evenly over the top and then bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
*Recipe courtesy of Thanksgiving.com