One new father has taken to facebook to warn other parents about a potentially dangerous situation that can happen to any child, and is actually quite common. In the facebook post, Scott Walker shares that he and his wife Jess were out for a family lunch with their daughter Molly when Molly became increasingly inconsolable.
“Had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I’d share with my fellow parents out there.
I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming–nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That’s when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand of hair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation.”