1. On Theme
The Legoland Beach Retreat is designed to look like larger-than-life Lego sets. And it does! There are 83 Lego bungalows set up as duplexes, offering 166 separate rooms that sleep up to five. Each bungalow room has a king size bed and an area just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed, and privacy curtain. The rooms are colorful and beach themed with plenty of luggage storage. There is a flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, and safe in each room. In other words, it’s like your Lego home away from home.
2. A Lot to Do
Several outdoor play areas including a large one by the pool and one in each of the 13 coves, all within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios. The best part about this is that you can watch children play outside right from your porch. My husband and I enjoyed drinking coffee outside of our room while watching our kids play in the nearby playground.
3. Next Level Swimming
Here’s the best part of Legoland’s Beach Retreat: the giant swimming pool next to The Lighthouse, with an adjacent sandy area for building sandcastles and the resort’s biggest outdoor play structure for kids. There’s also plenty of space for the kids to play soccer in the sand, too!
Here’s a few other things to keep in mind:
- Sandy’s Castle Restaurant features a menu of entrees, sides and desserts. A breakfast buffet (which includes a hot bar and a cold bar) is included with each night’s stay.
- Bricks Beach Bar offers a menu of made-to-order food, drinks and cocktails served both poolside and indoors. We ordered nachos and drinks as a mid-day snack during our time at the pool.
- Palm Tree Traders, a retail shop stocked with Lego building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries. It’s not as extensive as the Lego store inside Legoland, but it’s well stocked with plenty of favorites (and it’s bigger than the Lego store at the Legoland Hotel across the street).
- You can also purchase s’mores kits for their nightly s’mores pit, located right next to the pool.
4. Convenient Check In and Outs
Perhaps the most feature about the Legoland Beach Retreat is that here is no lobby or front desk. In other words, it’s very convenient to check in and check out without all of the hassle that comes with regular front desk procedures.
5. Room Rates
Here’s something else you need to know: room rates start at $135 each night (plus tax and resort fee). Of course, the price will vary depending on season and availability. When you stay at the Legoland Beach Retreat, you also get early access to Legoland and free parking at the theme park if you do not feel like taking the free shuttle.
Learn more by visiting: www.LEGOLAND.com/florida or call (877) 350-5346 during the hours of 9am-5pm.