At HMC you can’t hold us back from talking about a product we LOVE. We recently tried BOBBY D’s pasta sauce and we were blown away by the taste and the freshness that we had to reach out to them. We were excited to discover the sauce was inspired by Bobby’s mother, Nina DeChellis’s (Ma) homemade sauce, it is a recipe started four generations ago in Naples Italy. Bobby D’s shared with us their Ma’s Easy English Muffin Pizza and Lasagna Recipe!
BOBBY D’s is authentic Italian Red Sauce with no artificial ingredients and no added sugar, that is what separates BOBBY D’s from other jarred sauces. The sauces are made in small batches, giving them more control over the cooking process. They use finest, freshest ingredients available; farmer grown, vine ripened, fresh packed tomatoes, fresh garlic and onions and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pick up a jar the at your local Whole Foods and taste for yourself. Click here for locations and more great recipes like the ones below.
BOBBY D’s® Kid’s Recipes for Hot Hollywood Moms
Ma’s Easy English Muffin Pizzas Your kiddos will get their veggies by making faces onto these yummy
*Classic English Muffins *Grated Mozzarella Cheese *Assorted vegetables and olives cut into small pieces to make facial features.
*BOBBY D’s® Ma’s Red Sauce Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place cut English muffin halves, cut side up onto a baking sheet.
- Par bake English muffin halves for 5-10 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of BOBBY D’s Ma’s Red Sauce onto each half. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices and various ingredients to make faces.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges.
1 box of no-boil lasagna noodles
2 eggs 1 (15 ounce)
Container ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2
cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1 jar of BOBBY D’s® Ma’s Red Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese, two cups of mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Set aside.
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap),
- 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture,
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of BOBBY D’s Ma’s Red Sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles,
- 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining 1 cup of sauce.
- For top, layer 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes). Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!