Parents Trying to Find Answers After Their Son Died From Infection Given by Adopted Pet

My children and I absolutely LOVE visiting our local Petco shop. Mostly because it’s one of the few places that we can take our family dog to while shopping and checking out all of the pets in the store. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to keep a closer eye on my kiddos the next time we step inside a Petco store.

That’s because there’s a new report that says one California boy got a little too up close and personal with a pet rat after bringing it home from the store. The rat bit the young Aidan Pankey in 2013 and he ended up dying from ratbite fever! And now the young boy’s family is suing Petco for their son’s death. Here’s why.

pet rat
Credit: Shutterstock/Rosa Jay

Is Petco responsible for Aidan’s death?

1 2 3 4Next page

Joanna

Joanna has been following the world of entertainment and celebrities since '05, having served as the Editor-in-Chief of Celebrity News Service and as a personal assistant for one of the original James Bond screenwriters, producer Kevin McClory during her days in Ireland. These days she’s a mother, warrior, celebrity writer and Disney dreamer. And she eats a lot of peanut butter M&Ms, as well.

Related Articles

Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker