Passover treats… Cookies: Brownies, Rocky Road – dairy, pareve
This is Marlene Sorosky’s recipe, printed in the Washington Jewish Week.
I believe it comes from “Fast and Festive Meals for the Jewish Holidays.”
Brownies: 4 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup Matza cake meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate baking chips
2 cups miniature marshmallows, or large ones cut up
1 cup chopped walnuts
Topping: 1 cup miniature marshmallows, or large ones cut up
1/2 cup chocolate baking chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Put oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Grease a
9 x 13 inch baking pan or spray it with nonstick spray.
2. Melt chocolate and butter (or margarine) in microwave. Stir well.
Stir in sugar and cool slightly.
3. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in cake meal, salt, chocolate
chips, marshmallows and walnuts.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until
5. Sprinkle brownies with marshmallows. Return to oven for 3-4 minutes
until puffed but not browned.
6. Place chocolate chips in small, heavy plastic bag and microwave until
melted and smooth. Squeeze chocolate into one corner of bag. Cut a small
tip off the corner and drizzle chocolate over brownies. Sprinkle with
nuts. Cool completely.
7. Cut into thirty brownies.