Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp-and-Garlic-Bread Stuffing
Every Day with Rachael Ray welcomes May with delicious, easy and budget-friendly meal solutions that will tantalize taste buds. This sweet spot between spring and the official start of summer is the perfect time to cook up some delicious fun.
Everyday with Rachael Ray,
Serves 4; Prep 15 minutes; Cook 40 minutes
5 ounces frozen garlic bread
8 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/3 pound frozen cooked bay shrimp, thawed and coarsely chopped
¼ cup grated asiago cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425*. Arrange the garlic bread on a baking sheet and bake until toasted; let cool.
2. Meanwhile, scoop out the tomato flesh and seeds and coarsely chop; transfer to a small bowl. In a large bowl toss the tomato halves with 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon basil and bake for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the garlic bread into cubes. Using a food processor, process into crumbles; transfer to a medium bowl.
4. in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened; season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato flesh and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Add to the garlic breadcrumbs and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
5. Preheat the broiler. Divide the shrimp mixture among the roasted tomato halves and top with the cheese. Roil until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
To see more go to Rachael Ray